With the long summer already underway, the idea of setting up a sketchgroup came along.
Share your sketches, comment on others, follow their progress, join the competitions and have a great time!
If you want an invite, just contact me with your email amd I'll send one - Erik

Friday 4 June 2010

Shock me like an electric eel...





Managed to get this done before tomorrow's departures :]

Had some really exciting ideas for this theme! Enjoyed looking into it, then was a little disappointed that I ended up doing a portrait without much narrative. So I did try again, but I still couldn't quite realise my thumbnails. Ah well, fun project :)

The scanner I'm using had a bit of light leak, so some lines were lost in all the white, and the contrast had to be pumped.

Have a great week everyone, I'll see some of you in France,

Up on the shore they work all day,
Out in the sun they slave away,
While we devotin',
Full time to floatin',
In Annecy :p

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the latter illustration best! Very cool King-of-the-eels idea, although the eel's positioning is a tad phallic, my friend ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, thanks Emily. I knew someone would say it... I hadn't intended or noticed it myself, until my mother walked up and was the first to make the comment >_<. Innocent accident :]

    ReplyDelete